Tuesday, July 4, 2017

No Questions Asked

Earlier today, my sister asked for a small, plastic container, so I went to the kitchen and got it for her. I didn't ask here why she needed it. I still don't know what she used it for. I didn't, and still don't, need to know why she wanted a small, plastic container. I just knew that she needed one, so I went and got it for her, no questions asked.

I should be that obedient to God. When God asks me to do something, I often as for a reason. I want to know why God wants it to get done and why He wants me to do it. And when God doesn't answer my questions or if the answers don't make sense to me, I feel reluctant to do what God has asked of me.

Instead of demanding answers and reasons for God's requests, I should be more trusting and obedient. I shouldn't have to know the reasons why God wants me to do things; it should be enough for me to know that God has His reasons and that, if I knew what He knew, His decisions and commandments would make perfect sense to me.

Unfortunately, I'm not quite at that point yet. I still like to know God's reasoning behind His commandments, and I sometimes feel that it would be foolish of me to just do whatever God asks of me without at least knowing why He wants me to do it. Strangely, I am more willing to serve my sister without question than I am to serve God. I should change that. Not that I should be less willing to help me sister but that I should be more willing to trust and obey God, even when I don't know why He wants me to.

No comments: