Thursday, June 7, 2018

Communication Before Confrontation

I just watched Captain America: Civil War with a handful of my siblings, and it seemed apparent that many of the conflicts in that movie could have been avoided if the characters had communicated better. In several instances, characters fought against each other when they might have been on the same side, if they had had the same information. This served as a good reminder to me that communication should always at least be attempted before a physical confrontation takes place. Thankfully, I don't get into many physical confrontations, but even in the case of lesser confrontations, like verbal arguments, I think that many of them could be avoided if the parties involved managed to talk things out before things escalated. I will try to apply this lesson in my own life. Next time I start to get frustrated or irritated with another person, I'm going to try to talk about the problem before it escalates to the point of actually becoming a problem. Rhody told Spiderman that there's usually not a lot of talking during fights, but if they talked enough before a fight, they might not have ended up fighting at all.

No comments: