Sunday, June 24, 2018

Different Problems, Same Solution

As I thought about my various faults last night and this morning, I realized that I don't need to prioritize them or split my focus between them because I can work on all of them simultaneously by working on one trait: Self-Control. If a person wants to resist any temptation, no matter what the temptation is trying to get them to do, they need to exercise self-control. This is a wonderfully useful revelation for me because it means that I can work on most of my problems at the same time, and resolve most of them by mastering the same trait. Now, instead of seeking out ways to overcome frustration, manage stress, and curb my anger, I can work on all of those things by learning how to control myself. Of course, this will be easier said than done, but working on this one trait will probably be easier, and will certainly be simpler, than working on each problem individually. Expect blog posts about self-control some time in the near future, since that's what I'll be working on moving forward.

No comments: