Thursday, April 25, 2019

365-Day Streak

On my phone, I have a game called Flow Free (I think it's just the free version of a game called Flow, though I'm not sure about that). It's a puzzle game, and each day, it generates a new set of simple puzzles. As of today, I have a 365-day streak of completing those daily puzzles. This means that I have played this game, for maybe a minute or two each day, every day, for a year.

Unfortunately, I have not been this consistent about everything. I certainly haven't read from the scriptures daily, unless you count family scripture study, which I don't. And I can't say for certain that I've prayed daily, unless you count family prayer, which I don't. I've blogged daily (at least, I highly doubt that I've missed a day), so that's worth something, but I certainly have room for improvement.

Perhaps I should make a new rule that I cannot complete each day's daily puzzle until and unless I've said a prayer and done at least some reading from The Book of Mormon. That way, I'll be forced to either do my daily prayer and scripture reading or give up a 365+ day streak. That should provide some incentive. Half the reason I blog each day is because, after all these years (has it really been years?) or relative consistency, it'd be an utter shame to stop now.

So, I'm going to use my silly puzzle game to encourage me to build a habit of paying and reading scriptures daily. With a little bit of luck, discipline, and diligence, I may be able to blog about my new 365-day streak (or 730-day streak by then) next year.

No comments: