Tuesday, April 30, 2019

It's Working

It hasn't even been a week yet, and I've already had a few good moments with the scriptures since I decided to use my puzzle game to keep track of whether I've read the scriptures or not on a given day, and the puzzle game has certainly helped me remember to read my scriptures and say my prayers.

This evening, as I was trying to fit dishes into the dishwasher as efficiently as possible, I remarked on how fun a puzzle it was, which reminded me, at 9pm, that I hadn't done my daily puzzle yet, which meant that I hadn't read my scriptures yet. I corrected that situation shortly thereafter, and I just now extended my streak to 370 days. Only 360 to go to reach my current goal.

Now, I understand that I may fail. I may simply forget to read my scriptures and say my prayers, and my puzzle game may not be enough to remind me. It's possible that my 370-day streak will become a 0-day streak, simply because it slipped my mind.

But if that happens, so be it. I'll probably deserve it. Communing with God shouldn't be something that can just "slip my mind." Then again, I shouldn't need a puzzle game to remind me to do it periodically, but it is what it is.

And thankfully, it's working. My game reminded me to read my scriptures today. Let's hope it keeps working.

No comments: