Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The Gift of Friendship

Last night, I mentioned having received gifts from my co-workers and feeling bad about not having anything to give them. Later that evening, I was met on the bus by a good friend of mine, and we exchanged pleasantries and silliness until neither of us could have stopped smiling if we had tried (and we did try, just to be silly). At the end of the day, though I was grateful for the physical gifts I'd been given, it was the time spent with a friend that had brought me even greater happiness.

This season, we're all likely to exchange gifts with other people. Let's try to exchange some smiles and friendship, too. While the gifts we give may be good ones, and may make people happy, it's entirely possible that our friendship and spending a little time with them will make them even happier.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...


A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~Douglas Pagels