Friday, December 30, 2016

Giving Blessings

Tonight, I went to give my sister a Priesthood blessing, but while I was there in the hospital room with her, I was able to help her in other ways, too. But anything I did, including giving her Priesthood blessings, pales in comparison to what our mom has done for her. Mom has hardly left her side, staying close enough to help her, advocate for her, and bring her comfort. Mom may not have been able to give her daughter any Priesthood blessings, but she has given her many other blessings, which may have helped just as much. Priesthood blessings can be powerful, but we should never underestimate our ability to help people, even without them. There are many kinds of blessings we can give, and Priesthood blessings are only one of them.

No comments: