Monday, July 25, 2022

A Tool in God's Hands

This week, for Come, Follow Me, we're learning about Esther, and part of the manual says how she was a tool in God's hands to save many lives. There was a time in my life that I wanted to become such a tool. I was willing to let God direct my choices directly, using me about the same way one my use a hammer or a screwdriver. I was willing to fully give my agency to God. Since then, I've learned how important agency is and how important it is to retain it. We are not supposed to become tools in God's hands (except perhaps metaphorically). We aren't inanimate objects to be controlled by God's will. We are children and servants of God who do His will willingly. God doesn't want us to surrender our agency, but to use it.

I intend to use the wisdom and agency God gave me, to behave as righteously as I know how, not a mere tool in God's hands, but as a child of God who must learn to act for himself.

No comments: