Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Slow Day

I had a pretty slow day today. I didn't have any tutoring appointments. I didn't do anything particularly interesting. It was mostly just laundry and picking a few things up from the library. That said, I suppose there's nothing wrong with having slow days. In fact, they may be important. People need rest, and not just when they're sleeping. Sundays are supposed to be days of rest, but given that I'm introverted, meeting up with so many people at church and at family gatherings afterward can be draining rather than restful. Having a rest day or two in the middle of the week can be very helpful and refreshing, giving me the energy I need to help me tackle the rest of the week.

Life takes energy, and resting helps us get that energy back, so it's a good and important idea to occasionally take a slow day and recharge your energy. Today was a slow day for me, but thankfully, it was a restful one.

No comments: