Saturday, July 9, 2022

Giving Meaning

Earlier today, I watched a show that reminded me of the show called LOST. Both shows started with interesting mysteries, but ultimately left the viewer with far more unanswered questions than answered ones. At the end, I was left wondering what the point was, if there ever even was one. But ultimately, that may be up to each individual to decide.

Life is a series of countless seemingly random events. Sometimes, we can discern some kind of meaning from the events in our lives, but at other times, the meaning of our life events seem unclear. At those times, it may be necessary to find whatever meaning we can, even if none was intended. There are always lessons to be learned from everything that happens. All we have to decide is what lessons we want to learn from our experiences and then try to apply them.

I'm confident that God has a hand in guiding our destinies, but even if I wasn't, I'd still be sure that life has meaning, even if we have to give it meaning ourselves.

No comments: