Monday, July 4, 2022

Praise the Pow'r

Yesterday, in Sacrament Meeting, we sang The Star-Spangled Banner, including the third verse, which includes the line: "Blest with vict'ry and peace, May the heav'n rescued land Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserved us a nation." This line hit me especially hard this time. You see, I've been struggling for ages with a certain personal challenge, which has recently abated to a certain degree. I have gained a form of victory in my personal battle, and that victory has granted me a measure of peace. It's not absolute, but I'm in a much better place, both spiritually and emotionally, than I was a few years ago. Rather than continually hoping for a more complete victory and a more absolute peace, I should "Praise the Pow'r" that has given me the victory and peace I am currently enjoying, to say nothing of the other blessings I've been given.

I am grateful for the many blessings I have, including the people I love, the growth I've experienced, the lessons I've learned, and the peace I enjoy, and when I think about all the blessings I have now, I can hardly help but Praise the Pow'r that brought them into my life.

No comments: