Saturday, October 26, 2013

Code of Honor - Christlike Attributes

The church has put up another Bible Video. I'd love to embed it here, but it's not on Youtube yet, and I don't know how to share/embed videos from the video player the church uses on LDS.org. Hold on, maybe I can figure it out...

Well, I can share it on Facebook. Maybe I can download it to my computer, then upload it here. That should work, right?

Download complete! Now for the upload...

It's not working. How about a Link?

Anyhow, it's a video showing Jesus demonstrate many of His Christ-like attributes, using events from His life. As I watched the video, I paused it often to copy down the list of attributes Christ demonstrated. Here's the full text from the video:

Therefore, What Manner of Men Ought Ye to Be?
Verily, I Say Unto You, Even as I am.
-3 Nephi 27: 27

Humble
Obedient
Healer
Kind
Teacher
Courageous
Servant
Submissive
Selfless
Full of Love 
Yea, Come unto Christ and be Perfected in Him...
- Moroni 10: 32

I wish I could say that this video reminded me and inspired me to work on my Code of Honor, but the reminder actually came from an alarm I set for myself on my phone. I worked on my Code of Honor (and now have a pretty good first draft) before I even saw the video. But still, I thought the video was worth sharing.

The point of me creating a Code of Honor is to help me remember my standards so I can maintain them. I made a point of insuring that the first point of my Code of Honor is taking upon myself the name of Christ, or in other words, to be a Christian in both word and deed, to be the kind of person He wants me to be - the kind of person He was. In my opinion, every other good thing we can commit ourselves to do or be are just extensions of that principle. Jesus Christ is our perfect example. If we become better people, we are, in one way or another, becoming more like Him.

I'm grateful that Jesus was our perfect example, and that He marked the path for us to follow. I hope that I will remember and be diligent in following that path and becoming more like Him.