Friday, October 4, 2013

My "Tap Into Conference" List

General Conference starts tomorrow, so it's time for the last minute preparations. For me, this includes making a list of what, specifically, I what to get out of this General Conference, reviewing my previous posts,  I can  see that I've already written part of that list.

I'm increasingly looking forward to General Conference. I'm looking forward to powerful, inspiring talks, sound advice, and an increased measure of faith. I'm looking forward to learning (or being reminded) what God wants me to do and how I can gain the strength and faith to do it. I'm looking forward to recommitting myself to becoming who God wants me to be.

I'm also looking forward to specific advice for my personal concerns, feeling the Spirit more strongly than usual, and encouragement to be better and to do good.

When I put all those things into a word processor and sorted them into categories and sub-categories, it started to look like a pretty good list. I plan to get a lot out of this General Conference, including the courage to become what God wants me to be, and the guidance of how, exactly, I can do that.

I believe that God wants me to be awesome, and I know I do. What's yet to be determined is exactly what kind of awesome God wants me to be (in this life, I mean), and what steps I have to take to get there. I also acknowledge that I may need some encouragement and motivation to get me through the hard parts, so that's on the list as well.

It occurs to me that I'm relying on God for a lot, but it had already become clear to me over the last several days that we already rely on God for everything anyway. I can't do this without Him. He and I both know that. We both want it to happen, and we both know that in order for it to happen, He has to provide the power, and I need to tap into that power. He's providing the power in the form of General Conference. Now it's my job to tap into that power and get as much out of General Conference as possible. This list should help me to do that, now that I've printed it up.

I feel excited for General Conference. This is going to be good.

No comments: