Friday, June 27, 2014

God Helps Me Blog

I once again find myself with nothing interesting to blog about, but having committed to blogging daily, I have to post something anyway. Perhaps I spoke too soon when I said that I was good at coming up with analogies and blogging about them. Actually, why don't I blog about that?

Part of me believes that any talent we have is at least mostly God-given. That is, if we're naturally good at something, we're good at it partly because God's helping us, and we'd do well to acknowledge that and give God most, if not all, of the credit for what we're able to accomplish.

If I'm good at blogging, or writing in general, it could be that I have some inherent talent for writing and blogging, so much so that I could do pretty well at it even without God's help, but that seems not to be the case. It's God's Spirit that inspires me and helps me see spiritual meanings in ordinary things. It's His Spirit that inspires me to know what words to type. In fact, now that I'm being humble and grateful enough to accept God's help and admit that I need it, I feel His Spirit in me right now, helping me to know what to say.

With God's help, a lot of it, I've been able to write a number of good and inspiring blog posts. In fact, I've written enough of those blog posts that I started to think that I was good at it on my own and to give myself the credit for that success. However, as most good artists do, I realize that my works would be nothing without God's help to inspire me and to aid me in writing.

The bottom line is that I need to focus on God more than I have been in these last few days. I need to seek God's help more and give Him the credit for what I, with His help, accomplish. I couldn't do it without Him, and I need to do better at admitting that.

No comments: