Saturday, September 23, 2017

Not Much to Say

With this Primary lesson, I am in a unique position of not having much of a history portion to share, meaning that I can focus more on the doctrinal portion. Yes, there were a few interesting events happening when Joseph Smith received those revelations about baptisms for the dead, but those events aren't important enough for me to have to share them. Unfortunately, or fortunately, what's left won't take a whole lot of time to discuss. Baptism is essential. Some people weren't baptised. We can perform baptisms for them in the temple. Of course, we'll want to explain what "vicariously" and "proxy" mean, but that won't take too terribly long.

I should plan activities to a) help keep the children engaged, and b) help fill time. The lesson plan starts with a suggestion for an "Attention Activity" that illustrates the concept of helping those who can't help themselves, and that could be fun, but the "Enrichment Activities" aren't really activities at all - just stories and topics for discussion. Maybe I should try to come up with a game for the children to play, but what game could they play that could go along with a lesson about baptism for the dead? Perhaps I ought to sleep on it. Maybe I'll think of something more engaging than hangman while I'm trying to sleep.

No comments: