Tuesday, March 12, 2019

My Latest Mid-Term Assignment - Creative Writing Inspired by The Bible

The mid-term assignment for my Bible as Literature class is to write a short story or other short, creative work about one of the events or characters in the parts of the Old Testament that we've read so far.

I'm thinking about writing about David, as his story is arguably among the most complex, but I'm concerned about the length of the assignment. It's only supposed to be about two pages. I could easily write way more than that about David. I should set my focus closer, and maybe on some other character or event, one without as much richness or depth. I don't want to bite off a bigger project than I can cram into two pages. If you have any suggestions, I'm open to them. We've read up to Job, skipping sections for time's sake, but if you have any story or event from the first several books of The Bible, I'd like to hear about it, and maybe write about it.

Thankfully, I have a good deal of time, about two weeks, so I've got a few days before I need to nail down a topic. I just hope I can find a good Bible story that hasn't been done to death that I can spend no more than two pages exploring.

No comments: