Friday, March 22, 2019

Unique Character

I've put a non-zero amount of effort into making sure my Planeswalker character is unique. I've considered the abilities of the official Planeswalkers, thought of how my Planewalker's abilities might be similar to or different from theirs, and tried to ensure that my Planeswalker's abilities would be sufficiently different from theirs, both mechanically and thematically, so my Planeswalker wouldn't be just some cheap knock-off of any other Planeswalker.

Fortunately, we ourselves don't have to worry about trying to make sure we're unique because we already are. There is no one else on Earth who is exactly like you. Never has been, never will be. You have a set of talents and traits that no one else will ever perfectly match. Everyone who every lived is unique from everyone else who ever lived. We are all individuals, not half-baked, cobbled together clones of other people.

God knows each of us personally, and He knows us inside and out. He, of all people, knows best that each person is a unique individual. We don't have to try to be unique or different from others. We already are.

No comments: