Tuesday, September 10, 2019

A Sanctuary of Faith

In the very last talk of last General Conference, President Russell M. Nelson said the following about our homes:
We hope and pray that each member’s home will become a true sanctuary of faith, where the Spirit of the Lord may dwell. Despite contention all around us, one’s home can become a heavenly place, where study, prayer, and faith can be merged with love.
I'm grateful that I have such a home, and I hope you do too. When our homes are built on the Gospel of Jesus Christ, they can provide shelter from the storms of life and can empower us to do the Lord's work. The world can be a rough place, but having a sanctuary of faith can help us maintain our standards, even as the rest of the world seems to be lowering theirs. We need strong, Gospel-centered homes, and I count myself as lucky that I have one.

No comments: