Sunday, September 8, 2019

Justice, Mercy, and Generosity

Today, in church, one of the speakers spoke of God's justice and mercy and how He rewards us for our deeds. The speaker said that God, being merciful bound by the laws of justice, gives us the bare minimum punishment that justice demands and the maximum amount of mercy that justice allows. I don't know it this is doctrinally canon, but it does seem in line with God's character. God doesn't want us to suffer any more than we have to, so it stands to reason that He'd be as lenient and as generous as justice will allow. I sometimes find myself deserving of God's justice, and I am always in need of His blessings, so it's comforting to me to think that God is going to be as kind as He can be with both. At least, I certainly hope He will be.

No comments: