Thursday, September 19, 2019

Facebook vs Blogging

I used to think that it was Youtube that prevented me from blogging on time most of the time, but now I think that the problem is Facebook. It's too easy to get caught up in conversations (or arguments) on Facebook, since it's far more interactive and text-based than Youtube is. Too often, I see a conversation on Facebook and can't help tossing in my own two cents. Sure, there are inspirational quotes on Facebook, but I never use them anymore because it feels like cheating, and if I don't glean any blogworthy insights from Facebook, then browsing it does more harm than good, at least when it's time to blog. In the future, I'll try to avoid Facebook, at least until after I've blogged. It's a useful tool, and I'll continue to use it, but before I've blogged, it's more trouble than it's worth. Besides, I don't need to have an opinion on everything. And even when I have an opinion, I don't need to express it. Sometimes, I should just let things pass without a comment from me.

No comments: