Wednesday, January 6, 2021

America Needs to Repent

I used to think that America was a good country. Best in the world, maybe. And maybe it still is, as sad as that would be. But after today, I have serious doubts about how Good this country is, or at least about how Lawful it is. 

I'm worried. I'm worried that we have lost our way and will lose the blessings of God, if we haven't already. We've had wars. We've had recessions. We've even had a bit of a plague. I'm worried that if we, as a nation, don't shape up and start repenting, things are only going to get worse.

I don't want a civil war. I don't want new, deadlier strains of the virus. I don't want any of the natural disasters climatologists are always warning us about. We're in bad shape right now, and it looks like things might get worse, and I really hope they don't. I hope that we come to our senses and return to God before it's too late. I want America to be Good again. Heck, at this point, I'd settle for Decent.

America is not as good as she needs to be. If we want things to get better, and I think we all do, we need to be better.

No comments: