Tuesday, January 12, 2021

On Not Blogging About Myself

Sometimes, I find myself in the position of not knowing what to blog about because, even though I may have had blogworthy experiences, I don't want to use myself as an example of any kind of behavior, good or bad. I don't want to use myself as an example of good behavior, because that seems too self-aggrandizing. At the same time, I don't want to use myself as an example of bad behavior because I don't want to belittle myself.

I could blog about what I did today and what was so good or bad about it, but I worry that that might take me out of context. I'm not a good person, and I'm not a bad one either. Not fully. People are complex. People have both good and bad in them. Focusing only on the good or only on the bad will leave you with an incomplete, distorted view of that person.

I don't want to do that. I don't want to put myself on a pedestal, and I don't want to put myself down either. So, as blogworthy as a few of my experiences today were, I'd rather not blog about them, because I don't want to blog too positively or too negatively about myself.

No comments: