Friday, January 22, 2021

Concordance

In one of the D&D supplement books I sometimes use, there's a resource called Concordance. One gains Concordance when they do things that their deity wants them to do, and they can spend that Concordance seeking special aid from their deity. I think it's somewhat unfortunate that real blessings don't work like that. I would like to earn Concordance for doing good deeds and then spend them on the blessings I want. Though, since one of the blessings I want is forgiveness, I'd probably end up in tremendous debt. Instead, I should be grateful that God is generous with His blessings, especially when we are generous with our service.

God, thankfully, doesn't keep close track of how much we owe Him for the blessings He gives us. Concordance makes sense for a role-playing game, but for real life, I think I'll stick with God's system of being generous and not keeping track.

No comments: