Sunday, January 3, 2021

Calm Emotions

There are various emotional states that make it difficult to feel and follow the Spirit. Tired is one of them, as are angry and proud. In fact, I wonder if it could be said that any strong emotion could drown out the voice of the Spirit. After all, it's a still, small voice. If there's too much noise of any kind, it could be hard to hear it. That's part of why it's important to seek out moments of peace and quiet, to calm our strong, noisy emotions, so we can better hear the Spirit. That's what I should do when I get tired and/or emotionally charged. I should excuse myself from the situation and try to find some peace and quiet, where I can pray, calm down, and try to get the Spirit back. Every so often, it's critical to just take a breather. The next time I find myself in such a moment, I hope I'm wise enough to do so.

No comments: