Monday, February 18, 2013

Quick-Share Inspiration

This morning, I watched this video:





I think it's wonderful that this young woman took the time to photograph things of beauty and text them with matching scriptures attached. It's such a clever idea, and it wouldn't take long for someone with a smartphone. I also like the quote from President Uchtdorf. I wish I had time to find the talk and read the whole thing, but I have to leave in half an hour and I haven't had breakfast yet. =S

It's amazing how busy we are sometimes. I've heard a saying somewhere that 'If we're too busy to read our scriptures, we're busier than God ever intended us to be.' This young woman may be just out for a casual bike ride, or maybe she's going somewhere. Either way, she still takes the time to stop and share uplifting messages with others.

Not all of us can do exactly that. Not all of us have smartphones yet. But we can all do things like that. We can pause sometime in our busy lives to notice something inspiring, then later, when we're talking with someone, we can share with them what we've seen. It doesn't have to be much. "This morning, I saw this, and it made me think of this." As long as it's uplifting, even barely uplifting, it will do some good. And as I mentioned in earlier blog posts, when we do something that uplifts another a little bit, it could make a big difference for them, and whenever we do good, it spreads.

I made a commitment to blog every morning. (Those of you that have read my blog in the distant past may be rolling your eyes right now, but this time it's different.) Every time, I plan on sharing something uplifting. Sometimes I fail, but most of the time I can find something I can share that may uplift and inspire others. So far, it's been making me feel like I actually can do some good in this world. It's an encouraging feeling. I even feel the Spirit when I blog. Sharing uplifting messages is a very positive thing for me, and it probably does some good for others, too.

You might try it sometimes. Not necessarily blogging, but adding something uplifting to your daily routine. If you see an uplifting picture on Facebook, you can share it as well as like it. Things like that. It'll only take a few seconds, and it may make a difference for someone. It'll certainly make a difference for you.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Yes, your daily blog uplifts at least one other!