Sunday, February 3, 2013

"Blog."

In a moment of frustration, I cried to God, asking "What do you want me to do?" The answer I got back was "Blog."

I remember a time when I would watch, listen to, and read General Conference talks, and blog about what I learned. I felt the spirit so strongly at those times. I truly felt that God was speaking to me, and perhaps also to others through me. I've been struggling a bit lately. I feel like I need more guidance, more strength, more help from God. God knows the best way to help me, and He's asked me to blog.

I went to LDS.org and watched some Mormon Messages videos. I had forgotten how uplifting and inspiring those are. One in particular, David A. Bednar's Discerning Light reminded me that God doesn't like to make Himself obvious. He only uses His power when He has to, and even then, He only uses as much as He needs, no more. He doesn't shake the Earth for us when He knows we can feel His influence through the Still Small Voice. I sometimes doubt whether I have all the help that I need to do what God asks me to do. I frequently ask for miracles, claiming that anything short of a miracle wouldn't be enough to help me. But God must know better than I do. He's known me since before I was born. He knows me better than I know myself. He knows how much help I need, even if I don't. I need to trust Him, even when He says that He can trust me. He seems to think that I don't need a miraculous amount of help, that a few promptings of the Holy Spirit would be enough. I sure hope He's right.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony and your struggle. I think we sometimes think that everyone else either is way more spiritual and righteous than we are or just are not interested - that we are the only one who needs to struggle to become righteous and faithful. The secret truth may well be that many of us have a hard time and wonder if we will ever be who we want and should be. I think the difficult effort is part of strengthening our spiritual muscles.