Friday, February 22, 2013

Stuck

I wanted to sleep in this morning. Didn't we all? I could have gotten away with it, too. I don't have any classes today. Nothing totally urgent. I have to do laundry today, but I can't start that until 10. I have some chores to do, but those can wait a few hours. Even my morning blog could have waited, since "morning," in my mind, is any time before noon. I wouldn't have slept in that long! But I couldn't sleep in at all. I woke up before I had to and couldn't get back to sleep. Then I logged onto LDS.org and wandered around aimlessly for and hour or so. I looked for another Light talk, but I didn't find anything particularly interesting. Maybe I'm too tired to get inspired right now.

Yesterday, a fellow institute student taught the Gospel and the Productive Life class, rather than our usual instructor. Maybe that's why it stuck out. He talked about adversity: how we all face it, why God let's it happen, how facing it can make us better, stronger people. It was a good lesson.

I'm going to have to teach a lesson in that class eventually, too. My subject will be avoiding bad media. Part of my message will be that we can use media for good instead, and that too much media of any kind, bad or good, can be bad. I plan on sharing the same video I shared for Virtual Reality vs Spirituality. It's basically the same message all over again, just in a different setting.

I still have LDS.org open in another tab. Still looking for something I can share. Not much luck so far. I'm just having an off day, aren't I?

I'm going to give up on this for now, but I plan to come back and blog something inspirational later today. I'll come up with something.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

"I wanted to sleep in this morning. Didn't we all?" YES! This was one of the few mornings when I was really nicely asleep when the alarm (phone on vibrate) went off and spoiled it.

I appreciate your commitment to blogging every morning even when you don't feel brilliantly inspired. (This is the first time we can say that since you started I think)