Friday, November 26, 2021

A Tradition of Family Time

I don't normally put much stock in tradition. Normally, I don't see much value in doing things the way others have done them, just because others have done them that way. However, I do see the value in some traditions, including the tradition of bringing families together at least once per year to share meals, games, and quality time with each other. This week has been lovely, and that has been largely because I've been able to spend much of it with family. Naturally, introvert that I am, I can get overwhelmed by the presence of too many people or too much noise, but we have thankfully been able to avoid that this year, and I'm grateful for that. I'm grateful for the amount of time I've been able to spend with my family this week, and I'm grateful for the tradition that gives us an excuse to get together.

No comments: