Sunday, November 28, 2021

Putting Family (or Schoolwork) First

That week went by too fast, and now it's back to the same old routine of tying to do homework as early as possible and hopefully having time for other things afterward. I know my homework is important and urgent and I really need to do it, but still, it was nice to have a week when I was able to put family first.

Yet, the more I think about it, the more I think I should put family first. Looking at the long-term consequences of various choices, it's fairly plain to realize that the few assignments I have left aren't likely to drastically adjust my grades in these classes, and even if they do, my grades in these classes aren't likely to drastically change my GPA overall, and even if they do adjust the average slightly, that isn't likely to diminish my prospects of getting a decent job. These last few assignments aren't very important. I'll still do them, but I don't necessarily need to devote much time to them, with the exceptions of the finals.

In contrast, family matters, eternally. My family relationships are important and will continue to remain important long after no one cares what my grades, GPA, or occupation were in mortality. Perhaps I can afford to continuing to prioritize spending time with family. Perhaps, despite the end of Thanksgiving week, I should continue the practice of putting family first.

No comments: