Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Communication

As I played D&D tonight and talked about a show with a friend earlier today, it struck me how important communication is. People need to be able to talk with each other, and people need to be willing to listen to each other, or cooperation between them becomes extremely difficult. The characters in the show my friend and I were talking about barely communicate at all, and that lack of communication leads to some unnecessary conflict. In contrast, our characters in the D&D game communicated fairly well, and I believe that that led, and will continue to lead, to some good cooperation between that characters.

Similarly, we need to be able to communicate, both to talk and to listen, or we will experience more conflict than cooperation. I believe that people can learn to get along and work together, but only if all parties involved are willing to communicate.

No comments: