Saturday, September 27, 2014

Starting the Day Studying

I've been doing this wrong. Most of the time, when I blog, I look for quick, inspirational thoughts to share, when what I really should be looking for is inspiration itself. I believe that this blog has many purposes, but one of the main purposes is to help my get my morning started on the right foot - to get me thinking about spiritual things and increasing my testimony daily. Instead, most days, I just pull something off of Facebook or LDS.org, and comment on it. Yesterday, I didn't even have time to comment much on what I'd found because I had already wasted my morning completely.

Back when this blog was young, I used to do some serious pondering and studying, and I had some really good insights that were certainly blogworthy. It seems that, since then, I've lowered my standards. Now I think it's time for me to raise them again. Tomorrow morning, I think I'll start with a question. I'm not sure what the question will be yet, but I have some time to decide. That morning, I'll start searching for an answer to the question, if I haven't done so already, and I'll report what I find out, or at least how the studying goes.

The idea is that I need to really think about these "insights" I'm sharing. Otherwise, they won't do me any good. If I just find a nice quote or photo and share that, I'll have already forgotten it by the end of the day, and it certainly won't help me set my mind on spiritual thoughts during the day. But if I start my day by actively pondering spiritual matters, and searching through answers through study and prayer, odds are, it'll stick with me for much longer.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

It is good to re-visit our goals, evaluate, and re-focus. Thanks for the reminder.