Saturday, February 22, 2020

Daily Improvement

I'm currently working on my talk, trying to consolidate my notes into something I can easily carry and refer to during my talk. The section I'm on right now is the part that says we can improve daily, and while that claim is completely true on average, I wonder if that's true for each day individually. Is it true that we can get better, purer, more righteous, and stronger every single day?

Now, I'm not trying to argue that we will improve daily. I know that there are some days when we don't improve ourselves. What I'm wondering is whether it's possible to avoid days like that. Is it possible to make sure that we make at least a little bit of progress each and every day, or are there still going to be a few days on which making progress is impossible?

It may depend on your definition of progress, but I'd say that making progress, at least a little progress, is always possible. Even on our best or worst days, we can think of something we could have done better, and we can pledge to try to do better. That's repentance, and I would count that as progress. We can become better, or at least learn a bit more about how we can become better, each and every day. That's a good goal to strive for, and I'm glad that I know that it's possible.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

It was a great talk and we'll received. Most of the congregation seemed focused and interested. Several people have me compliments to pass on to you. Hearts were lifted up