Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Daily Meditation

I mentioned in my last blog post that I'm probably going to change my meditation goal from weekly to daily. There are several reasons for that change. The first reason is that I've found that it helps. It centers me in a way that nothing else does. Meditation feels like a more intense form of prayer, and that's a very good thing. I feel the Spirit when I meditate, and that helps me escape some of my vices. I'm sure there are other reasons as well, but the bottom line is that I plan to do it more often.

The best plans and goals benefit from revision. This is a simple revision I'm making to my New Year's Resolution. I should probably make a revision to the Hymns part of this goal, too, but that revision will require further thought and planning.

For now, the plan is to meditate far more often and/or to pray more seriously. The line between meditation and serious prayer is a little fuzzy, but I want to get as close to that line as I can, and I want to do that as often as I should pray. In fact, I wouldn't mind if the Prayer and Meditation parts of my goal melded together completely. I need to either pray more fervently or meditate more frequently. Since I don't have a clear distinction between those two ideas, I guess what I'm really going for is a little of both.

No comments: