Thursday, June 11, 2020

Love Heals

Earlier today, I received a painful, but ultimately minor injury. As soon as it was known that I had an injury, my family dropped what they were doing to help me, mostly by fetching medical supplies, giving me sound advice, offering my comfort, and offering to take me to the hospital, if needed. Thankfully, I didn't have to go to the hospital. It was just a shallow, albeit large and painful, cut. We washed it, put some antibiotic cream and a bandage on it, and mostly left it at that. It should heal completely within a few days.

What struck me most about this incident was that my family loves me enough to care for me when I need it. They showed their love by putting their own work on hold in order to help me. I hope that I would be just as willing to help them. They showed their love for me by helping me, and thanks partly to that help, I expect to heal well. I am very thankful to my family for being there for me when I needed them, and I hope that I'm always willing to be there for them when they need me. Our love for each other can heal each other in more ways than one, and I'm grateful that I was able to call on that healing today.

No comments: