Thursday, June 4, 2020

The Answer is Love

The world (mostly the United States, but also elsewhere, or so I've heard) is going through a rough time right now. I both do and don't want to blog about it, so I'll let it suffice to say that the world could use a lot more love. People should love each other enough to not hurt each other. People should love each other enough to forgive those who have hurt them. People should spread love instead of hate.

And that includes me.

I hate what's going on right now for multiple reasons, but I shouldn't focus on that. I should focus on love. I love that I live in a free nation where people can, for the most part, speak their minds and share their thoughts freely. I love that there are many good people in the world who are trying to help fix our problems. I love that I can reasonably have hope that things will eventually get better.

But mostly, I love people, and I try to love all people, regardless of who they are or where they come from, regardless of what they look like or what they've done. Every human being who has ever lived or will ever live is a son or daughter of God. We're all family, and I think we should all try to love each other like family.

Anyhow, that's my two cents about it. I could go into greater detail, but I don't want to, and frankly, I'm probably not qualified to talk about it. I'll leave it to the experts and those with personal experience. I just want to share my opinion that, with this problem, as with most (if not all) others, the answer is love. We don't need more hate. We don't need more violence. We need more love.

No comments: