Monday, October 11, 2021

A Brief Frustration

This evening, I struggled with something. My classmates and I have to do a presentation for our Business class, and since we can't get together to present our presentations in person, we each have to use a screen recording program to record our screens to create our presentations. And this program did not get along with my computer. At first, I couldn't even download it, and then, when I managed to download a version of it, it had some weird bugs that caused unusual problems for my computer. Fortunately, I eventually found out how to get the thing working well enough, but for a handful or hours, I was terribly frustrated. I got fairly angry. I almost cried. It was so frustrating and broken and stupid!

But it's over now. It's fixed now. Fixed enough, anyway. I don't need to be frustrated with it anymore. I know how it works (sort of), and I know how to make it work (sort of). I now almost feel silly for having felt frustrated. That period of infuriating frustration lasted, at most, a few hours.

In the grand scheme of things, our lives don't last that long, either. We are eternal beings. We were created long before we were born, and we will continue to live for an eternity after we die. This brief handful of decades is very short period of time, from an eternal perspective.

So, perhaps I shouldn't let it get me down. I already feel silly for feeling frustrated for a few hours. Imagine how silly I'll feel if I feel frustrated for my entire life.

No comments: