Saturday, October 9, 2021

A Place to Focus

I spent basically all of today at the library, doing homework in a place where there were very few distractions. Thankfully, it worked. I was able to focus and accomplish some work that I had been struggling with for days. Perhaps I ought to go to the library more often.

Similarly, I should also visit the Temple more often. Being there won't necessarily help me with my homework, but it will help me with my spiritual work. There are few distractions there, so it's easier to focus on spiritual matters and connect with the Holy Spirit there, which is something we all need to do as frequently as we can.

Unfortunately, the Temple's a lot farther away than the library, so it'll take me longer to get there and back, and I'll need to spend a considerable amount of time there to get the benefit of being there, but I should still try to carve out some time for it, or at least try to find a way to reduce distraction and connect to the Spirit here at home.

Life is full of distractions, and they can make it difficult to make progress, academically or spiritually. We should seek to visit and create spaces where we can avoid distractions and enjoy a deeper focus.

No comments: