Friday, October 8, 2021

Confidence, Despite Setbacks

I have an assignment due tomorrow. The assignment is supposed to be a script for a 4-minute presentation about a company meeting its social responsibilities. The trouble is, the presentation is supposed to incorporate a lot of numerical data about the company's goals and their actual progress, but I haven't been able to find data that lines up. I've found a goal they set about providing disinfected water, and I've found some data about how much they're doing to help fight the pandemic (I'm presenting on the Clorox company, by the way), but I haven't found anything about whether they met their Safe Water goals or anything regarding any Covid goals. Naturally, this is likely because the pandemic cause and unexpected shift in their priorities, but I still need to fill a 4-minute presentation with as much factual data as possible and to try to tie it all together. Another problem is that I have work tomorrow, so I may not have much time to work on the script from my presentation.

Still, I'm confident that I can find enough data to fill the presentation, or to have at least one good data point per slide, and that I can fill out the rest of the report with interpretations and transitions that explain the data and connect it into something cohesive. This will take more work than I'll have time to do tomorrow, but I'm sure I can get something somewhat passable done by the end of the day, especially if I go and get some restful sleep now.

I've hit major setbacks in my efforts to do the research and outlining for this project, but I'm confident that my presentation will still go well enough by the end of it, even if I have to write some extremely creative transitions to tie my data points together.

No comments: