Friday, October 1, 2021

Advice for Everyone

I'm looking forward to General Conference tomorrow. I'm looking forward to hearing inspiring messages, insightful truths, and sound advice. In General Conference, there's always something for everyone. That said, I acknowledge that not all of the advice I hear tomorrow will be custom-tailored for me. Some of it may need adapting. Some of it may not apply to me at all, at least not yet, or not anymore. God will give all of us directions through His Prophets tomorrow, but since we're all in slightly different places, spiritually, the directions He intends for you may be different than the directions He intends for me, even though we have the same destination in mind.

So, while we listen to the counsel we hear tomorrow, let us seek the spirit of discernment to know which advice we should apply in our lives at this time. I know that, if we listen with the Spirit, we will each hear messages that are meant for us, even if those messages are different.

In each Conference, there will be sound, prophetic advice for everyone, though it's true that not every piece of advice will be for everyone.

No comments: