Tuesday, February 1, 2022

A Single Step Forward

I didn't make much progress today, in almost any regard. I did some regular, essential chores, I tutored one person, and I spent hours trying to solve a problem that had plagued me for months, only to learn that the problem had a different source than I had previously thought. Yet, in all of this, some progress was made. The house and its inhabitants are being taken care of, a student had been helped, and the true nature of the problem has, hopefully, been revealed, with a solution on its way. I didn't make much progress today, but I made some.

Such is life. Every day takes us one step closer to our eternal destinations. We try, yet again, to become a little bit better, and with luck, a miracle, and a lot of perseverance, we succeed. Every day of mortal life takes us a single step closer to our heavenly home, and, for a single mortal day, that's enough. Regaining our heavenly natures isn't something that can be done overnight. It's a process. It's a miles-long journey composed of countless individual steps.

So, I shouldn't lament that I made only a little bit of progress today. Little bits of progress add up. Today, I took only a single step forward. Tomorrow, I'll take another. And eventually, after more than a single mortal lifetime, I will reach my heavenly home.

No comments: