Tuesday, February 22, 2022

The Next Step

I like my rotating To Do list. It's basically a document with a list of dates ranging from the current date into the near future. As time passes, I delete the past, causing the rest of the list to rise up by a few lines. This helps me to recognize when Due Dates are coming up and how much/little time I have left to work on those assignments and get my work done. Now, normally, I like to try to get a week or so ahead, but at times when I can't, it helps to be able to really focus on what most urgently needs to be done next. I like the reminder that, when we're coming down to the wire, it's okay to temporarily focus exclusively on whatever's up next.

I often try to get ahead of schedule, but it's good to know that, when I need to, I can just focus on taking the very next step.

No comments: