Thursday, July 23, 2009

2009.07.23

Ask an Elder - Questions:
What do you like best about your companion?
Is your bed lumpy? Is your cereal?
What do you have for breakfast?
What did you do at Kevin's baptism?

Dear Home,

I am extremely short on time this week, but luckily, Monday will be a P-Day, too, so I'll write home then as well.

I really like how sincerely friendly my companion is. He's going to great lengths to make sure that he's a good companion and I really appreciate that. The only trouble with that is that I lack the skill and insight to be able to return the favor. As soon as I see something I could do for him, it's usually too late to do it. =/

My bed is fine. As for the cereal, I actually have a funny story about that. Last week, it was my turn to pick what kind of cereal we got. I took quite a while to do so, and eventually decided on Nesquik (it was on sale). E Taylor and I left the cereal aisle; E Taylor seeming slightly irritated. Afterwards, I asked him what was wrong with the cereal I picked. He said that the only reason he was annoyed was that I took so long to decide. That may be one of my major flaws; indecision. I try to make things perfect, and thus I hesitate, and ponder, and worry, while time passes heedless to my endeavor. Yes, it's good to want to do my best, but it's better to do something imperfectly than to wait until I can do it perfectly and end up waiting forever.

(( Which reminds me of your CD, Sariah. I'm glad you decided to make it; I really love listening to it! ^^ ))

At Kevin's baptism, all I did was witness it and give a closing prayer. Not much, but at least I was there to see it. ^^

I'm out of time, but luckily, I didn't have a lot to report anyway.


Barney waved at us. Ech. x_x

Love, your far-too-hesitant missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

No comments: