Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ask an Elder July 8, 2009

The Questions:
1) Did Kevin get baptized ? Do tell.
2) Are you getting any mail from the ward? (Jerry Cook who does thebulletin asked) Who all writes to you? ( I ask)
3) Do the folks there talk differently than the folks back home?

The answers:
Yes, Kevin did get baptized. ^^

From the ward? No, I don't. At least, not outside my family.

Sariah sends me a weekly Email, I get lots of letters from you (Which are greatly appreciated. ^^ -hugs-), I got a wonderful letter from Ben last week, and also a letter from Kelsey a while back. I was also surpised to get a letter from Dad, and also a letter from Sister Ruf, one of the teachers in the MTC.

Do people talk differently? Yes, but it's hard to make mention of all the little differences. Mostly it's pronunciation, and not just 'sorry' or 'about'. Any time there's a 'orr', like in 'tomorrow', it sounds different. Also 'again' here rhymes with 'complain'. 'Been' rhymes with 'bean'. And other vowel sounds are different, too. Bag sounds like Bayg. The second a in Garage sounds like Bag. There may be more, but there's probably too many little differences like that to mention.

In response to your previous question, what would I like in my letters and packages, treats are always good in packages, particularly chocolate covered things like almonds or pretzels. Another thing I'd really apreciate is music. EFY is surprisingly good, and Motab's Showtime CD, where they perform broadway hits (hopefully including that Lord of the Rings song) would also be really nice. (Maybe we should make a wishlist, but I don't want to sound like I'm asking for things. You know that feeling, right? It's kind of like... I don't want anyone to get the impression that I'm covetting what I don't have, or that I expect other people to just give me whatever I want. I don't want to be greedy, I guess.)

I almost forgot. The things I want in letters varies from person to person. From Mom, I'd like to know about any changes that are going on at home. The idea is that I don't want to come home, see something I didn't expect, and say 'What? When did that happen?' That goes for others as well, since there are going to be more changes than Mom alone can write.

Also, (and I hope this doesn't sound prideful or anything) I'd like you to write to me about any occurance, object, or circumstance that reminds you of me. Let me know that you remember me, especially if the experiance, whatever it is, makes you happy. =)

No comments: