Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2, 2009

Dear Home,

I've got some exciting news this week! ^^

First, The Zone Leaders (Who have keys to all the missionary apartments in Saskatoon) came up for an exchange a few days ago, and they brought our mail with them, including the mail that was sent to the St. Charles apartment. A few pieces of mail might have slipped through the cracks, but I'm VERY grateful for what I've got.

The good thing about getting letters is that they're so nice to receive! But the bad thing about getting lots of mail is that it takes time to read it all, so I'm a bit behind right now.

Another big piece of news has to do with one of our investigators. His name is Kevin, and his scheduled baptismal date is July 4th. Now, for those of you that don't know exactly when that will be, that means that Kevin is getting baptised THIS SATURDAY!!!! Elder Taylor and I are extreemely excited and OF COURSE, I'll take pictures. Whether or not I'll actually be able to print them and mail them home in a timely manner is another question. =/

Speaking of pictures, in the white missionary handbook, meaning the missionary handbook that is WHITE, it clearly states that we are NOT to take pictures while we are proselyting, which is almost 100% of the time we're awake. Do you know what that means? That means that with the recent rain we've had, followed by some wonderful sunshine, coupled with the beautiful, huge sky we have here, plus the lack of tall buildings, there was the most AMAZING, MAJESTIC, COMEPLETE, CLEAR, COLORFULL RAINBOW that has EVER been created the other day, stretching from one horizon to the other, arching over a big, pretty tree, and I WASN"T ALLOWED TO TAKE A PICTURE OF IT!!!! D= D= D= If that handbook wasn't written by Prophets of God, I would question why that rule was ever made. It was very upsetting. =(

But there are some perks that come from being a missionary. While Kevin was taking his baptismal interview with one of the Zone Leaders (passed with flying colors), I was able to sit in the chapel of the Prince Albert meetinghouse and ponder my calling and God's promises to me (and everyone else on the face of the Earth). That was a pretty spiritual experience. Plus, I've been feeling the Holy Ghost talking to me a LOT more than he used to. I get these subtle impressions to say things all the time. I know it's been helping in the missionary work now that I'm overcoming my timidness enough to say what he wants me to say. He has really been a great blessing to me. ^^

I got my first blister this week! =P Elder Taylor and I have been jogging in the mornings, so the sweat, plus the friction from jogging has resulted in a small blister. Luckily, it doesn't hurt at all. ...Okay, a little, but only when I'm jogging, and even then, it doesn't hurt every day.


Times up! =(
ELDER ANDREW ROBARTS

No comments: