Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Short, Lame Blog Post About Why This is a Short, Lame Blog Post

It's not that I don't have anything to blog about right now. I do; I started a list. There are a number of things I could blog about. I just don't feel like blogging. I'm not in the right mood. Maybe music will help. Music is good.

The CD I'm listening to right now is Celtic Hymns by Reta Ceol. Very nice music. Calming, inspirational, easy to listen to. It's helping me feel the Spirit, which I guess gets me one step closer to being able to blog.

I wonder why I didn't have the spirit before. I don't think I've done anything that would drive it away. Maybe it's that I haven't really been studying the scriptures as I should. Or praying as much as I should. It's those basic things that always slip through the cracks.

...

This music is probably helping. I also just got some thoughts down on paper, so that's something, I guess. It's just not anything I can post here, and I'm running out of time. Maybe my message should be "having the spirit with you requires consistent effort, even for those who have received the gift of the Holy Ghost." I've probably used that before, but that's okay.

We read the sacramental prayers in our family scripture study, and in that covenant, we're promised that we "may always have [God's] spirit to be with [us]," but only if we "are willing to take upon [us] the name of [His] Son, and always remember Him, and keep his commandments which He hath given [us]." That seems like a lot of upkeep, and maybe it is, but the result, always having His Spirit to be with us, is worth it. I just wish I could remember that just before going to bed and right after I wake up, so I could have daily morning and evening prayer and personal scripture study.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

It is almost embarrassing how much effort it takes to "always remember him." Our best friend ever. Our Savior. Our Mediator. But it does sometimes take effort.

Put up pictures and little signs. Of course, then we have to learn not to not see them. We should plan a trip to get you a CTR ring.

Being in the top bunk makes the prayer rock harder to use. You put it on the floor by your bed when you go to sleep so that when you wake up and get out of bed, bang! there's the prayer rock. You put in on your pillow when you get up so that when you go to bed, there's the prayer rock. Maybe you can figure out a way to make it work for top bunk.

I usually remember to say words, but I need to really pray more.

Your message is right on and one that needs repeating. At least, I need reminding.