Thursday, July 11, 2013

Will Work For Courage



To yesterday's blog post, my mom posted a comment with a link to a website with many inspirational quotes. I searched that website for some good quotes on courage, looking for advice on how to gain more, and I eventually found this quote:

"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy"~ Dale Carnegie

Ironically, sitting at home and thinking about it, and looking for advice, is exactly what I've been doing, and it is what has led me to this quote. One of the principles in this quote sounds very familiar. 

"Inaction breeds doubt and fear." -Dale Carnegie.

"Idleness gives room for doubts and fears." -Korsaren, later quoted by J. Richard Clarke

It's nice to know that at least part of Dale Carnegie's quote has been confirmed by a General Authority. In fact, that same General Authority all but confirmed the rest of what Carnegie said when he quoted Korsaren as having said, "No matter what ails you, work. ... Work is the greatest remedy available for both mental and physical afflictions," including, I would assume, a lack of courage.

Great minds think alike.

In any case, I think I've gotten my answer. If I want the courage to do the Lord's will, I should go out and do some work, preferably work that God would want me to do. I don't expect it will be fun or easy, but I've been told that obeying the Lord is worth it. This is a test, right? And part of the test is seeing whether we'll obey God's commandments. If I accomplish nothing else in my life, I want to at least do that.

No comments: