Friday, July 31, 2015

Changes, Unity, and Love

I'm not sure how much I want this blog to be like a regular blog, with updates on how my life is going and stuff like that. Usually, I try to find something spiritual to blog about, but nothing's coming to my mind. I haven't been having many blogworthy experiences lately, mostly because there's been so much other stuff going on around here.

We've been moving all the rooms around, my sister has moved in, and my brother is getting married. Big changes. Certainly, these changes are bigger for my brother and sister than they are for me, but the changes in their lives are also changes in our lives, partly because we live together (now, anyway), and partly because we're family.

Recently, I wrote about how our family works well together. That efficiency exists partly because we're so connected. We have a great deal of love for each other, and that love encourages a sense of unity. I'm sure that most families are unified like that, which may be partly why families even exist.

God intends for us to love and care about each other. In families, we learn how to do that. I know that my brother is happy, and I'm glad about that. I hope my sister is happy staying here. I hope that we can all be happy with our decisions and circumstances and the changes that come into our lives - and that doesn't just go for members of my family. It goes for all of you.

A person doesn't need to be a family member for a change in their life to affect you, and they don't need to be a family member for you to care about them. Families teach us how to love and care, but they're not the only ones we should love and care about. (Then again, we're all related, if you trace the genealogy back far enough, so I guess family members really are the only people we're supposed to care about, as long as we're including extended family.) God intends for us all to love and care about each others, and though our love should extend far beyond our immediate relatives, families are a great place to start.

No comments: