Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Inspired Cashier

This post is late. Sorry about that. I need to get back into the habit of blogging first thing in the morning. Otherwise, I forget.

This afternoon, Mom and I got a pair of sandwiches at a Subway restaurant. They were having a special where, if you buy a $25 gift card, you get a sandwich free, so Mom had the idea of buying a gift card to get one free sandwich, then using the gift card to pay for the other sandwich. It was a good idea, except that the cashier didn't know how to do the gift card special. He had never done it before, and his manager. What was funny was that, earlier that day, he had felt impressed to ask his manager to show him how do it, but his manager had thought that it wasn't likely that the cashier would need that information while he was out. When my Mom heard that story, she remarked that the cashier had likely been inspired to ask his manager, which I think is really cool.

I think it's awesome that you don't need to be a member of this church or any other church, in order to be led by the Spirit. The Spirit can touch anyone's heart and offer them guidance. A person doesn't need to be a member of any religion in particular or even any church at all - We just need to be listening. The cashier had listened, which is how he knew to ask for the information he had a feeling he might need. We should follow his example by acting on the promptings we  receive. We should also follow my mom's example by pointing out inspiration when we recognize it. I'm going to try to do that more often, especially now that I've been reminded that anyone can be inspired.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

I think we generally do not realize how often the Lord touches our lives and helps us in quiet, little ways.