Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Stand Firm

It's been so long since I blogged from a General Conference talk, it took me a few minutes to figure out what talk I'm on. As it turns out, it's Elder Ulysses Soares' Priesthood Session talk, Yes, We Can and Will Win! (At least, I think that's where I left off, and it looks like a good place to pick back up.) Because it is, once again, late, I'll just share a picture quote and a few of my own thoughts for now. I'll blog more about the talk tomorrow morning.




This echoes what I said the day before yesterday. This is the season in which we Christians need to stand up for our beliefs and our right to practice our beliefs, even if they become unpopular in the eyes of the world. As the world drifts farther and farther away from the Lord's standards, and as more and more Christians try to be "open-minded" or "politically correct" for the sake of their friendships, those who stand firm will find that they have fewer and fewer friends who are willing to stand with them. At times, it may seem that we stand totally alone. But we are never alone. There is one Friend who'll stand by us through it all, as long as we are still standing by Him. Ironically, those who "have the moral courage . . . to stand alone" are the ones who will never have to. We will have to stand against the world, but that doesn't matter as long as we are still standing with God.

No comments: