Monday, July 27, 2015

Inspire Your Angels

Yesterday, in Gospel Essentials class, our instructor, Moroni, shared the first verse of a primary song with the class.
Dare to do right! Dare to be true!
You have a work that no other can do;
Do it so bravely, so kindly, so well,
Angels will hasten the story to tell.
It's hard to think of angels or anyone wanting to share my story, but I sometimes forget how many angels there are. Those who are angels now include every human being who has ever lived and has died and everyone who hasn't been born yet, including almost all of my ancestors and all of my descendants. By my estimate, there's got to be at least one angel out there that's interested in me as a human being and who wants to learn my story. And if my story is good enough, that angel may want to share my story with his or her friends.

One thing we need to remember is that angels are always watching over us, cheering us on and keeping an honest record of all our actions. To avoid embarrassment (ours and theirs), we should be careful not to do things we'd be ashamed if others knew about. Instead, we should try to do good, and to "do it so bravely, so kindly, so well, Angels will hasten the story to tell."

Our angels will tell our stories. I believe they have to - they have to give their reports. So let's try not to make that an unpleasant experience, for them or us. Let's use our lives to write stories worth telling. Our stories can be encouraging, impressive, and inspiring, even to the angels. Since we know they're watching us anyway, let's try to remember that, and make the stories of our lives good enough to be worth sharing.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Well, some of your/our ancestors may be in Spirit Prison and others are ministering unto and teaching them, but there are, no doubt, plenty available to be watching over us. As our relatives, and especially our descendants, they probably have even more than a brotherly love interest in our well being and well doing. I like the idea of giving them nice things to report about.